If you’ve ever given yourself a streaky tan or watched your bronze glow fade all too quickly, you’re not alone. Everyone who self-tans deals with some trial and error before they nail down their routine! It can be tricky to achieve the perfect tan on your own, but the following DOs and DON’Ts will help you graduate to expert-level tanner in no time.
– Choose a shade of self-tanner that flatters your natural skin tone. Start out with a colour closest to your natural shade for the most believable tan, and if you miss any spots, no one will notice!
– Exfoliate well the day before you apply your tan to create an even surface for the product. For truly smooth skin, use a chemical exfoliator, such as alpha hydroxy acid, in addition to a physical exfoliator. Goodbye, dead skin cells!
– Make sure your skin is clean before application and remove any leftover tan with the Tan Removal Mitt.
– Use a Self-Tan Applicator Mitt to apply the tan evenly and avoid splotchy palms.
– Moisturise the skin daily with our Hydrating Body Butter to increase the longevity of your tan.
– Prolong the life of your bronze glow with regular use of the Gradual Tan Extender.
– Use a body buy cheap prednisone wash, such as our Hydrating Shower Gel, that will nourish the skin and is free of any harsh chemicals that could strip the tan.
– Go too dark too quickly. If you’re naturally pale, make sure to ease into your desired shade by starting with a light colour and adding a second layer an hour after first application.
– Expose yourself to chlorine or salt water after tanning, or the tan will wear off at a much faster rate.
– Shave within a day of applying self-tanner to allow the tan time to set.
– Apply body oil or any other products that may interfere with the developing tan.
– Exercise or work up a sweat for at least a day after applying your tan.
– Apply too much tanner to your face. If you wear makeup, you can always find a foundation shade to match your body, so take it easy when applying self-tan to such a prominent area.
– Self-tan when you’re short on time, otherwise you’ll end up with patchy application and stained clothing in the process. Turn the experience into a pampering ritual instead, complete with a Sunescape Triple Scented Soy Candle and your favourite tunes.